System Administrator – Full Time (Annapolis)
Requirement Qualifications include: at least 2 years' experience as a Linux systems administration preferred or equivalent level training and or experience but not a requirement; experience using and supporting Windows-based technologies; understanding and basic knowledge of network and TCP/IP technologies; experience installing and troubleshooting computer peripherals; excellent customer service and communication skills; knowledge and experience editing HTML and CSS; experience with building virtual Linux servers with VMware; understand Systems administration concepts of HTTP, SSH, FTP, POP3, SMTP and DNS are major pluses.
Preferred Qualifications include: experience providing Tier I IT service desk support and tracking requests via a ticket system; basic configuration of Cisco switches; building and racking server hardware in a datacenter environment; aptitude to rapidly research and learn any required skill or subject.
Major Duties And Responsibilities:
- Deployment of various virtualized server technologies including VMware and Acronis Backup System.
- Administer VMWare Suite including vCenter 5.0 – 5.5 deployment/configuration, vMotion, HA, cloning, deployment of ESXi hosts, VMware tools, and snapshot management.
- Administer and troubleshoot various operating systems including: Linux and UNIX based systems and Windows Server 2008 – 2012 R2.
- Manage the recovery, maintenance, and auditing of virtual/physical server backups.
- Identify and remediate platform security vulnerabilities to prevent security threats and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Implement firewall policy management of APF, Windows Firewall, Symantec Endpoint Network Threat Protection, and vShield Edge.
- Administer Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint 2013 Foundation Servers.
- Manage authoritative and non-authoritative DNS servers for internal and external DNS entries: create A, SPF, TXT, and MX records and update serial to initiate DNS propagation.
- Oversee operational data center growth through patch panel installation, cable management, and tracking of environment variables.
- Provide technical support via phone and remotely utilizing Citrix based systems such as GotoAssist.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for issues concerning server/systems operations.
- Complete detailed trouble logs of server errors for analysis.
- Troubleshoot server/system problems, diagnose server/system failures to isolate source of problems, and resolve problem through working with clients and NOC support team.
- Maintain client/server database with up-to-date server information, server location, APC information, IP addresses and passwords.
- Service trouble tickets utilizing remote desktop and direct phone technical support and escalate to senior support if necessary.