Part-time Systems Administrator/NOC (Network Operations Center) Technician (Annapolis)
ByteGrid is seeking System Administrator/NOC Technician candidates. Successful candidates must be comfortable installing, configuring, maintaining, and troubleshooting Linux and Windows Servers in production or development environments. The ideal candidate is experienced in a wide spectrum of related technologies including TCP/IP networking, scripting, system backups/restores, system documentation, datacenter management, datacenter procedures, and network/server monitoring.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deployment of various virtualized server technologies including VMware and Acronis Backup System.
- Administer VMWare Suite including vCenter 5.0 – 5.5 deployment/configuration, vMotion, HA, cloning, deployment of ESXi hosts, VMware tools, and snapshot management.
- Administer and troubleshoot various operating systems including: Linux and UNIX based systems and Windows Server 2008 – 2012 R2.
- Manage the recovery, maintenance, and auditing of virtual/physical server backups.
- Identify and remediate platform security vulnerabilities to prevent security threats and maintain HIPAA compliance.
- Implement firewall policy management of APF, Windows Firewall, Symantec Endpoint Network Threat Protection, and vShield Edge.
- Administer Exchange, Active Directory, and SharePoint 2013 Foundation Servers.
- Manage authoritative and non-authoritative DNS servers for internal and external DNS entries: create A, SPF, TXT, and MX records and update serial to initiate DNS propagation.
- Oversee operational data center growth through patch panel installation, cable management, and tracking of environment variables.
- Provide technical support via phone and remotely utilizing Citrix based systems such as GotoAssist.
- Serve as a technical point of contact for issues concerning server/systems operations.
- Complete detailed trouble logs of server errors for analysis.
- Troubleshoot server/system problems, diagnose server/system failures to isolate source of problems, and resolve problem through working with clients and NOC support team.
- Maintain client/server database with up-to-date server information, server location, APC information, IP addresses and passwords.
- Service trouble tickets utilizing remote desktop and direct phone technical support and escalate to senior support if necessary.