Colocation Hosting Provider
Migrating to a data center colocation model requires careful analysis. Because you will spend a lot of time and effort during this process, you want to make the right decision. Moving out of a facility later will not only cause disruptions but will cost you money.
To select the best colocation hosting provider for your requirements, look for these qualifications:
- Adequate Power Density Today and Tomorrow – As new technologies emerge, power requirements increase. Think about the future when you evaluate potential providers. You want a colocation solution that can support high-density environments using the smallest possible footprint.
- A Flexible Service Level Agreement (SLA) – Often SLAs are one-sided and only protect the service provider. Identify the critical issues for your business and make sure your provider is willing to include language that addresses those concerns.
- Carrier-Neutral Approach – When a colocation hosting provider offers a carrier-neutral solution, you have greater choices. More network carriers providing connectivity within the facility creates a competitive environment. Competition leads to lower costs and better service.
- High Levels of Physical Security – The right colocation hosting provider will offer a multi-level, around-the-clock solution. Security measures must address both the inside and outside of the data center.
- A Disaster Recovery Plan – How will your provider maintain power, cooling, and networking should an outage occur in the data center? Understanding a provider’s technical expertise, capabilities, and existing disaster recovery initiatives will help assure an always available operation.
- Compliance with Regulations and Standards – A good start is to consider providers that have completed SSAE 16 Type II audits. The stringent security requirements of this audit help assure compliance with HIPAA, PCI DSS, SOX, and other mandates.
- Scalability – Rapid advancements in technology make it difficult for you to determine your requirements five or more years down the road. You want a colocation hosting solution that can adapt to your changing business and allow you to quickly and affordably expand your space and power.
A Premier Colocation Hosting Provider
ByteGrid’s data center colocation services meet the most challenging requirements of your mission critical IT systems. Our compliant data center facilities offer the following services and solutions: