Intrusion Detection & Prevention
Be prepared for a Cyber Attack. Early detection is the key.
ByteGrid uses a custom built Intrusion Detection and Prevention System (IDS) to help safeguard against malicious activity, ensuring that your businesses meets any specific compliance or security objectives. Millions of viruses and other attacks exist today that could potentially harm your organization, and more are added on a constant basis – this is why businesses are turning to IDS intelligence to protect their information. ByteGrid’s IDS services offer the most advanced technology so that you can concentrate on your core business activities and leave management and monitoring to the experts.
How Does the IDS appliance work?
- The Intrusion Detection System (IDS) appliance is a small server we build within the client’s environment.
- The appliance listens for all network traffic coming in and out of the environment and generates email alerts whenever something malicious is observed.
- The appliance does this through the use of software and network traffic signatures. Every packet of information received is analyzed and compared against a long list of network traffic signatures.
- If a particular packet matches a signature, an email alert is immediately sent and the packet is logged. Signatures are updated daily and are written by seasoned security experts.
- Custom signatures can also be written to really tailor the IDS appliance to the needs of every client.
In order to make it simpler for our clients to view information generated by the device, the IDS appliance is also outfitted with a web interface that makes it easy to view generated alerts and make decisions on whether any of those alerts require further action.
Expert IDS Management
Managing an IDS device takes specialized skills and constant attention. Our in house NOC and security experts are at your disposal – they optimize IDS performance for our clients by monitoring and managing your solution 24/7/365. Any updates, signatures and patches are taken care of by our in-house team. Be rest assured that our team of experts has your IDS up to date, freeing you to focus on other business priorities and objectives.
For more information on intrusion detection & prevention, please contact us or call 855.495.0098.